By enrolling in a learnX course, I agree that I will:
- Complete all quizzes, assignments and any of such assessments on my own, unless collaboration is explicitly permitted.
- Maintain only one user account, and not let anyone else use my username and/or password.
- Not engage in any activity that would dishonestly improve my results, or affect the results of others.
- Not post answers to problems that are being used to assess student performance.
- Not post any content that defames, harasses or threatens others or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- Not post any content that infringes another’s intellectual property, including but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks;
- Not post profane, pornographic, obscene, indecent or unlawful content;
- Not advertising or indulge in any form of commercial solicitation or post content related to partisan political activities;
- Not post viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, corrupted files, malware, spyware, or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property; and
- Not post content that contains intentionally inaccurate information or that is posted with the intent of misleading others (this list, collectively, “Strictly Prohibited Items”).
I also agree that I will contribute to creating a positive environment that will include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
And that examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
I understand that unless otherwise indicated by the faculty of a learnX course, I am encouraged to:
- Collaborate with others on the lecture videos, exercises, homework and labs.
- Discuss with others on general concepts and materials in each course.
- Present ideas and written work to fellow learners or others for comments or criticism.
Violation of the Honor Code may result in:
- Violation of the Honor Code may result in:
- Having any certificate earned in the course or program withheld or revoked;
- Being unenrolled from a course or program; or
- Termination of your use of the learnX Site.
- Additional actions may be taken at the sole discretion of learnX and course providers on learnX.
Additional actions may be taken at the sole discretion of learnX and course providers on learnX.
Honor Code violations will be determined at the sole discretion of learnX Members. You will be notified if a determination has been made that you have violated this Honor Code and you will be informed of the corresponding action to be taken as a result of the violation.
(Adapted from Open edX and Contributor Covenant)